Thursday, May 19, 2011

What is time?

I often say that I am a fairy/was a fairy in my past life.
Long explanation behind that - I may write about it later.

Anyway:
In response to something nonsensical, I said
"Faeries don't believe in time - this is new for me in this body"
Which made my mind race so I decided I had to log my thoughts.
I then said:

"I want to learn the language for which there is no acknowledgment of "time" or "past" or "future".
..How would it be to only think in terms of NOW? If we had no words/tenses to embody the idea of what was & what may be.
..How would it be if we all actually believed we were eternal? If we never at all feared death."

I am a strong believer of the concept that language shapes thought.
If I spoke the language in which there was no mention of time itself,
I wonder what my mentality would be.
If forever didn't exist - just now.

If we never feared the end of anything
because we didn't believe that anything ended.

And well... What is time anyway?
Is it something we've created?
Do I only believe in it, because I speak a language that has a word for it?
When I was a fairy, did I live forever?
Aren't I still one then?

When I was a flower/a Queen/the twinkle of a star
how could I have ever faded or died or become anything else
if there is no past.
I must be all of those things concurrently.
Right now.

Perhaps time is a man-made invention
and God/Ma'at/The Universe sees it all as happening at once.
(there's an extended theory of this, but I'll save it).


Peace =]

No comments:

Post a Comment